The virtual traineeship programme aims to prepare the future generation of global energy professionals
After a successful first cohort, the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) has launched the call for applications for the Autumn 2021 cohort of the GROWTH@IRENA Student Leaders Programme. The programme has been expanded to students from all countries.
The new programme builds on the success of the spring cohort, where 40 UAE-based trainees successfully graduated after acquiring extensive knowledge that has helped them shape their own ideas and solutions to global energy challenges.
The Student Leaders Programme (SLP) is IRENA’s response to young peoples’ growing interest in renewables and it aims to prepare a future generation of global energy professionals.
The programme runs for a period of three months and is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students with a passion to build a career in the renewable energy field.
Trainees will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to address urgent energy challenges. The programme will be delivered through a combination of lectures from IRENA staff, interactive discussions and group tasks. The training will run from September to December 2021.
Focus Areas of IRENA Virtual Training
- Renewable energy technologies and end uses
- Renewable energy education and youth engagement
- Energy policy making
- Energy statistics and targets
- Energy access and off-grid applications
- Socio-economic benefits of renewable energy
- Innovation for a renewable-powered future
- Private sector and industry action
- Energy transition and solutions
- Undergraduate and postgraduate international students who are studying courses related to development, economics, energy, engineering, environmental studies, finance or international affairs. (Fresh Graduates may apply)
Interested candidates must express their interest by filling in the form at the link below no later than close of business (18:00 GST) on 15 September 2021 and include the following:
- A comprehensive CV stating the university, undergraduate programme, and certifications;
- A 500-word Personal Statement highlighting the reasons for applying to the programme and detailing any relevant experience.
Apply to the 2021 IRENA Virtual RE training (Fall Call)!
Should you have any questions, please contact GROWTH@irena.org.
* Please note this is not an internship placement programme.
* The training is free of charge.
* A graduation certificate will be issued upon completion of the traineeship.