The SLP traineeship aims to build the capacity of the future generation of global energy professionals.
The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) has launched the call for applications for the Spring 2022 cohort of the IRENA Student Leaders Programme. Eligible students are now encouraged to apply for the virtual training initiative.
The Student Leaders Programme (SLP) is IRENA’s response to young peoples’ growing interest in renewables and it aims to build the capacity of future energy professionals by providing them with the knowledge and skills necessary to address urgent energy challenges.
The programme runs for a period of three months and is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students with a passion to build a career in the renewable energy field.
Trainees will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to address urgent energy challenges. The programme will be delivered through a combination of lectures from IRENA experts, interactive discussions, and group assignments. The training will run from March to May 2022.
Focus Areas of IRENA Virtual Training
- Renewable Energy Policy
- Renewable Energy Technologies
- Energy Access and Decentralised Energy
- Energy Statistics and Targets
- Innovation and Finance
- Socio-economic Benefits of Renewable Energy
- Renewable Energy Education and Youth Engagement
- Private Sector and Industry Action
- Just Energy Transition
- Undergraduate and postgraduate students who are studying courses related to development, economics, energy, engineering, environmental studies, finance or international affairs.
Interested candidates must express their interest by filling in the form at the link below no later than close of business (18:00 GST) on 01 March 2022 and include the following:
- A comprehensive CV stating the university, area of study, and certifications;
- A 500-word personal statement highlighting the reasons for applying to the programme and detailing any relevant experience.
Apply to the 2022 IRENA Virtual RE training (Spring Call)!
Should you have any questions, please contact GROWTH@irena.org.* Please note this is not an internship placement programme.
* The programme is free of charge.
* A graduation certificate will be issued upon completion of the traineeship.